These priorities guide our strategies, investments and are a framework to coordinate the efforts of the Franklin County Digital Equity Coalition.
This priority will establish and support a coordinated, multi-channel outreach approach activated by a distributed network of partners who transparently provide residents with culturally relevant information that promotes engagement and adoption of solutions in all three major areas of the plan – connectivity, devices and digital life skills.
- Get the word out – A coordinated multi-channel marketing and PR campaign activated across a broad spectrum of grass-roots and social service organizations.
- Create an online resource for 24/7 Support – A one-stop-shop online resource that connects residents and full-time professionals to information they need.
- Ensure there are people available to help – An ecosystem of people prepared to provide in person or on the phone support to residents across the County.
- Residential Connectivity – 60% of eligible residents are enrolled in ACP.
- Device Access – Over 20,000 new devices have been distributed
- Skills Training – Over 5,000 residents annually receive digital skills training.
Join us virtually on April 12 at 8.00am as we discuss our approach to laying the ground work in building our device ecosystem alongside lead consultant, Digitunity.
Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to this meeting.
Join us in a discussion with Smart Columbus’s Lead Research Designer – Andreya Veintimilla as we learn about the Community Information Exchange Program which aims to provide true, lasting impact by collaborating across agency borders for each person’s unique benefit.
Read more here
Kindly email email@example.com to be added to this meeting.
Join us for a half day retreat on the 21st of June as we take a deeper look at how we can best serve Veterans, New Americans/Immigrants and the Justice Involved as we aim for digital equity.
More information to follow.
Interested in being a member? Join us at the next coalition meeting!
The Franklin County Digital Equity Action Agenda
The Franklin County Digital Equity Action Agenda focuses on promoting digital equity and inclusion by addressing barriers to access and ensuring that all residents of Franklin County have the necessary resources and skills to fully participate in the digital economy.
Our 2020 Crisis Response
The Franklin County Digital Equity Coalition’s crisis response efforts have resulted in providing digital resources and support to underserved communities, including access to devices and broadband during the COVID-19 pandemic.
While this launched our current focus on the work, we look forward to ensuring that we are continually growing our impact, serving key demographics in our community.